Recupera el pelo
Rogaine, Viñas, Regaxidil, Ylox, Lacovin, Kresse, Carexidil, etc.
Por Timon  -  Cinturón Blanco  - 32Mensajes
Hello everybody.

First of all thanks for this wonderful forum. I've been reading this forum before going to my dermatologist. It helped me a lot to clarify several doubts regarding AGA.

Well, I'm from Portugal but I can't write in spanish so I thought to post this message in english, because it's the universial language. If you prefer I can try to write in Portuñol! :)

Ok, let's start my story: I'm 28 years old, since 18 that my hair started to fall, first on my forehead and since last year that my hair is becoming thiner and weaker above my head, right near my forehead, so I thought it was time to take real measures! I already used lots of topics, like Kerastase Activeur 7, Garnier Aminexil Control, Natur vital shampoos, etc, during the last 10 years.

I went to the dermatologist last weak and he prescribed me Minoxidil (Minox 5) and some vitamins (Cistitone).

Although I asked lots of things to my dermatologist, I still have several doubts that came up only after I left the doctor's office! :)

1 - This Minoxidil brand (Minox 5) is developed in Portugal but I never heard of it before in this forum. Is it the same as regaine and the others? I can describe its composition:
- Minoxidil 50g/ml, álcool isopropílico, Proplenoglicol, ácido salicilico, etanol 96%, água purificada.

Sorry, I had to write the composition in portuguese! :)

2 - The dermatologist told me to apply 30 drops of minox once a day in the morning. Is it enough? I was used to apply the other products (aminexil and so on) and it was necessary to apply a lot more than 30 drops!

3 - Usually I wash my hair in the morning before go to work, so I don't have much time to wait for the hair to dry completly. Can I apply the minox even if my hair is not completly dry?

Ok, for now I think that's all. I don't know if this is the best place to post my questions... maybe Manuel or other moderator can move it to another place if it's not right here.

Best regards for all, and many thanks for the forum.
Por Manuel  -  Administrador  - 4278Mensajes
Hello meu amigo Timon! :D Boa vinda ao Forum !!
Timon escribió:Ok, let's start my story: I'm 28 years old, since 18 that my hair started to fall, first on my forehead and since last year that my hair is becoming thiner and weaker above my head, right near my forehead, so I thought it was time to take real measures! I already used lots of topics, like Kerastase Activeur 7, Garnier Aminexil Control, Natur vital shampoos, etc, during the last 10 years.
Oh No! Aminexil again? Do they sell these kind of #@# in Portugal also? Well, it seems that Viruses are all around the world.
Timon escribió:I went to the dermatologist last weak and he prescribed me Minoxidil (Minox 5) and some vitamins (Cistitone).
It seems that you are on the right path now. :) At least, you can have some hope!.
Timon escribió:1 - This Minoxidil brand (Minox 5) is developed in Portugal but I never heard of it before in this forum. Is it the same as regaine and the others? I can describe its composition:
- Minoxidil 50g/ml, álcool isopropílico, Proplenoglicol, ácido salicilico, etanol 96%, água purificada.
That's perfect. But, acido salicilico? It's strange, not bad, but strange. Is this a "special pharmacy preparation" or a marketed one?
Timon escribió:2 - The dermatologist told me to apply 30 drops of minox once a day in the morning. Is it enough? I was used to apply the other products (aminexil and so on) and it was necessary to apply a lot more than 30 drops!
Well, if you want to achieve maximum results, you have to use 1ml twice a day. So 1ml = (more or less) 20 to 25 drops. It's better if you apply 20 drops twice a day than 30 just once. Your dermatologist is right and his method will work fine, but the "Book of Minoxidil" (I'm kidding) and user experiences show better results using 1ml applied twice a day. It's your choice.
Timon escribió:3 - Usually I wash my hair in the morning before go to work, so I don't have much time to wait for the hair to dry completly. Can I apply the minox even if my hair is not completly dry?
Nope. Dry your head completely b4 applying. Your body (systemic absorption) may absorb more than what it's tolerated. Do whatever you need but avoid applying Minoxidil on a wet scalp.
Timon escribió:Ok, for now I think that's all. I don't know if this is the best place to post my questions... maybe Manuel or other moderator can move it to another place if it's not right here.
This is the perfect place: Minoxidil section ;)

A big hug for you, my new portuguese friend! :D
Hi Manuel.

Thanks for your quick answers! :)

Well I din't knew Minoxidil until I started to do some research in the internet. I found a Brasilien forum where all the people was using Minoxidil... so I started wondering if I was doing the right thing, wasting my money in stuff (aminexil) that was not going to work!

OK, regarding your question about the Minox 5 brand, it is developed in a lab in Portugal (not a "special pharmacy preparation" as you said). I can tell you the name and site of the lab: Edol.

Just to finish, I paid about 50€ for this Minoxidil 5% 100ml bottle. I think its too much. Can I change to another brand after finishing this bottle without any side effects?

Thanks once more, kind regards for all the folks in this forum.
That Minoxidil is OK, but really expensive. Check out this topic: Minoxidil - Precios y Marcas en los distintos Países and buy it through Internet. You will end up paying less than €15 each.

Yes. You can change to any brand and you want experience different side effects. Go for a Kirkland here. You won't find a better price.

A pleasure talking to you, Mr. Portuguese guy. Hey! Have you ever been in Brazil?
Hi Manuel.

First of all, thanks for your help. I think people that visit this forum feel immediatly a lot better because you are all so very kind.

Well, I'm a little bit concerned about shedding, because if Minox makes effect on me I will loose hair, that's for sure. I still have lots of hair and I have it a little bit long (pictures of me), the first picture is the most recent), so I'm a little bit scared about the fact of loosing lots of hair due to shedding... Is it a significant loss? Can you become bald or something, because of shedding?

Answering your question, I've never been to Brasil, but I would like to go there someday! :D Although, people say that it's very dangerous. There are lot's of braziliens in Portugal nowadays and not just playing football! :)

Ok, that's all for now, I won't bother you any longer.

Kind regards for all.
Hi Timon! :D Thanks for your nice words.
Timon escribió:Well, I'm a little bit concerned about shedding, because if Minox makes effect on me I will loose hair, that's for sure.
You will lose hair at the beginning, but in most cases, shedding does not change the general appearance. So do not worry ahead of time. Even if that happens, trust me: it is worth the little trouble.
Timon escribió:I still have lots of hair and I have it a little bit long (pictures of me), the first picture is the most recent), so I'm a little bit scared about the fact of loosing lots of hair due to shedding... Is it a significant loss? Can you become bald or something, because of shedding?
I bet you a beer (if you come here or if I go to Portugal) that you won't even notice changes. Check out the shedding cases on the forum.
Now, if you see your hairs falling, just ignore them. Do not start screaming... "Ohhh! I'm losing my hair" ... It's a natural thing that happens to 50% of the people who starts with Minoxidil. I do not know nobody who is more bald because of the initial shedding. If it happens, just welcome it. It will go away in less than two weeks.
Timon escribió:Answering your question, I've never been to Brasil, but I would like to go there someday! :D
That country is INCREDIBLE. Rio de Janeiro is... can't explain with words.
Timon escribió:Ok, that's all for now, I won't bother you any longer.
A pleasure, my friend. You are not bothering at all.
Hi Manuel.

I just want to thank you all the tips that you've given me. For instance, I have just finished the order of 2 bottles of Kirkland in Labosalud.com, it will save me about 30€ if compared with the price of the same quantity here in Portugal! :o

I will keep the foum informed about the results of the treatment.

Thanks, kind regards for all.
Por Amadeus  -  Cinturón Naranja  - 239Mensajes
Timon escribió:Hi Manuel.

I just want to thank you all the tips that you've given me. For instance, I have just finished the order of 2 bottles of Kirkland in Labosalud.com, it will save me about 30€ if compared with the price of the same quantity here in Portugal! :o

I will keep the foum informed about the results of the treatment.

Thanks, kind regards for all.
Hi Timon! I spent a lot of time in Portugal and Wow, what a beautiful place! I really love the time I was there, the people is so nice and the place is warmful and beautiful! And the girls are the best part of there! :)

I agree with everything that says Manuel, he is a genius here! About the problem of aplying Minoxidil in the morning? I got the same problem as you, so I decided to apply Minoxidil always in my work place, I go to the bathroom, apply the Minox and then I brush my hair there, so it's easier for me and I always have my hair dry before applying.

Good luck and I hope you will have great results with the Minoxidil.

PD: You can ask to your doctor if you can use Finasteride too, it could have better results using with Minoxidil!
Hi Amadeus.

Thanks, in the name of all portuguese people! :D In which city have you been to? Well I don´t agree with you, there are beautiful girls all around the world! :D

If you ever come back to Portugal go to Aveiro, is a beautiful city, a little bit windy, but calm and quiet.

Ok, regarding my treatment, my dermatologist recommended to start with minox for about 4 months and then, if it doesn´t work, make an "upgrade" :D to finasteride too.

Thanks for your tips and nice words, I posted another question regarding kirkland and its effect on the forehead, if you want to contribute by answering, I would appreciate.

Many thanks Amadeus, best regards.
Por AndresWeller  -  Cinturón Blanco  - 1Mensajes
Yellow and all forum is fit for the terms for the citizens. The matters for the use of the ] for all issues. Rank is fit for the portal for the team. Engagement is fit for the injunction for the cited realm for the citizens.